Code of Conduct
The West Coast Swimming Club requires all of its members to adhere to a code of conduct to ensure the safety and wellbeing of those involved with the club. A printable copy of the code is available by clicking the link below. To become a member of our club parents, swimmers, coaches and associated volunteers agree to abide by the following code:
- Treat everyone with respect and honesty (this includes staff, volunteers, students, children, young people, parents and caregivers)
- Remember to be a positive role model to children in all your conduct with them.
- Set clear boundaries about appropriate behaviour between yourself and the children in your organisation - boundaries help everyone to carry out their roles well.
- Follow organisational policy and guidelines for the safety of children as outlined in your Child Safe Organisation's Policy.
- Always have another adult present or in sight when conducting one to one coaching, instruction etc.
- Raise any concerns, problems or issues with management as soon as possible.
- Engage in rough physical games including horseplay.
- Develop 'special' relationships with children that could be seen as favouritism such as the offering of gifts or special treatment.
- Become involved with things of a personal nature that a child can do for themselves, such as going to the toilet or changing clothes.